This is a friendly competition among the Filipino Youth whose social enterprises can contribute in alleviating the poverty situation in their respective communities. The participating groups who submit/nominate the most thought-provoking and well- reasoned social enterprise will take the cash prize. Ten (10) Most Outstanding Social Enterprises shall be selected as winners. Each entry shall go through thorough evaluation, comprehensive screenings and rational project defense. Entries will be judged and selected by a panel of social entrepreneurs and socio-civic specialists.
HOW TO JOIN
- Send us your completed entrepreneurship social enterprise summary. (Note: Your summary must be concise - minimum of 3 and maximum of 5 pages)
- Email your summary to email@example.com In the subject line, type in "Youth Challenge Submission - [Your Enterprise Name]"
- To be considered, entries must include the following information: Group Name with each participant's full name, age, birthdates, email address and contact number. Each group must have at least 2-3 youth members, whose ages fall between 16-29 years old, as of date of entry submission. We require a copy of authenticated birth certificates.
- All entries must be duly received by Villar SIPAG Secretariat. All decisions made by the judges are final and not subject to appeal.
- All entries that will pass the initial screening process will go through a site validation/evaluation. If ANY false or misleading information has been submitted, the participant shall be disqualified even without prior notification.
- Only one unique social enterprise model entry per participating group
- Punctuation, grammar, clarity and organization will be considered during the evaluation process, as well as the quality of the ideas, sustainability of the project and should identify positions to justify that poverty reduction measures were met for their respective communities.
- There will be 10 winning entries. Each shall receive P150,000 cash prize.
- All products and services must conform to environment-protection standards; it should also address waste management measures in any given social enterprise set-up.
- Submission of entries will start on October 1, 2016. Application forms can be downloaded here
- Food or agricultural products
- Recycling waste materials or agricultural waste products
- Green inventions/Environment saving inventions/Green technology
- Water/waste/energy solutions
- Rural and urban innovations
- Information technology
- Livelihood development
- Others that may be allowed
College students / Masteral Students
Social enterprise groups
Other community organizations
Entries must be social enterprises which have been in operations for a minimum of 1 year
||Originality & Uniqueness
||Your social enterprise creatively demonstrates how it will solve the problem of poverty in your community; You describe a unique product or service that is well- thought out and one-of-a-kind.
||Your social enterprise must have the ability to respond flexibly in any given community situation
||Your social enterprise addresses a sustainable need and how that need will be fulfilled.
||Your social enterprise helps in uplifting the conditions of poor and urban communities/disadvantaged communities